Preschool Insider's Story

Hi! I am Ms. Veronn, an early childhood educator who is passionate about young children and their lives. Read my blog and you will be in awe. I'll update you with the current trend in Singapore preschool that every parent and teacher is dying to know! You will love me.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sowing Seeds

A few days ago, I received a SMS from a parent whose child I taught when I first started teaching.

"Dear teacher Veronn, I am please to inform you that Yong Yi did quite well in his PSLE exam, 265. I would like to thank you for your love and care extended to him during his formative years. Thank you. Hong Chiew." 

The SMS came as a surprise to me...  we had not been in touch since the child graduated from my K2 class in 2003. Honestly, I was extremely moved when I read the message. To my delight, Yong Yi  still remembers me!


This is Yong Yi when he was 6 years old.



Yong Yi getting all ready to go Secondary One this year, 2010! He is attending Hwa Chong Institution right now.

There were thousands of times I thought it is a natural process that my class children will forget me when they grow up. Their brains are constantly developing and due to this reason, they will not remember much about what happened in their early years. Hong Chiew's SMS came timely for me. I am glad that those children and I were best friends in a part of our journey together. I am proud to be a teacher because I am sowing seeds into our future generation.

I believe in every child's potential!

*All photos of children are posted with permission. 

No comments: